Monday, February 23, 2015

Blue and Green Shouldn't Be Seen? Really??

 
Who said blue and green shouldn't be seen? They wouldn't be comfortable sitting down at my dining room table at the moment! A few weekends ago I gathered all my blue and green solid scraps from my scrap basket. It was starting to look like the sea in there, time for a cull. So I cut them into rough rectangles and then sliced them into a wedge shape. All random, just mix and match. I was trying to make them about 8 to 10 inches long to be trimmed down to 8 inches. I was thinking of a white 1 inch sashing in-between the two lengths but then when it came to laying out the two strips they looked good just butted up. Trimmed off the excess and then sewed it together, added a crisp white boarder and then wolah, top complete. I didn't want to do straight across back and forth straight quilting, so I thought I'd try quilting following the angles of the seams.
 

It measures 18 by 47 inches. Wonder how long the white will stay white on our table? I'm pleased with it and even more pleased that I finished something for 2015!

6 comments:

Millie said...

It's beautiful! I have to make a runner for my Mom's table and you have inspired me! Thanks!

Quiltdivajulie said...

My Welsh co-worker was adamant that blue and green should not be seen (together) but she LOVED my quilts with the two colors mixed together.

Like your runner, a lot!

ruthsplace said...

Wonderful finish. I've never agreed with the whole blue and green thing, just need to look outside to see that it's not true!

AJ said...

we love our blue and green quilt! This looks good too!

carol said...

I think it's awesome and RIGHT up my alley! You GO, girl!

PugMom said...

Not sure why you don't have 1,000 comments by now. This is simply stunning (as well as resourceful). I love it!